Thursday, March 8, 2012

ELF's Studio Glossy Gloss in Ballet Slipper (review w/ swatches)

Hey everyone!

Now this is my third review and I am hoping soon I will be getting more people looking at my blog. I am new to this and still learning the ropes, but so far I am having fun doing blog posts.

This review is going to be on ELF's studio glossy gloss in Ballet Slippers. I have I think four of the glossy glosses and I am really liking them. They aren't too glossy like the name implies but it has a nice shine. They aren't sticky AT ALL which I love. They are very smooth in texture and have a nice smell. I'm not sure how to explain the smell, it's kind of like a small hint of vanilla. It comes with a small brush applicator, it's okay, it does the job but I think it's a little small. The glosses are a little thick in consistency which I actually prefer because it makes them stay on much longer then thin lip glosses.  They come in the regular studio packaging, a clear bottle with a matte black lid. I like the studio packaging because it is simple and doesn't look cheap. These glosses are $3 on the US site.

The color of ballet slippers is a nude pink with a hint of peach. The pigmentation is okay, I have very pink lips and I have to apply two layers for it to show up.

I'm so sorry for the horrible swatches again! I can't for the life of me figure out how to take good pictures. I tried taking them in my bedroom and they are horrible and then I took them in my bathroom where there's more light and they still didn't turn out that well. The one's I am putting on here are from my bathroom. If anyone has any pointers they would be appreciated! Onto the pictures:






Thats it for now! I hope anyone who reads this enjoyed it and you are welcome to tell me any pointers or what I could do different! Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment