Sunday, February 19, 2012

ELF's studio matte lip color in nearly nude (review w/ swatches)

Hi everyone!

This is my second review and it will be on ELF's new studio matte lip color in nearly nude. I have just received this a few days ago and am really liking it. I already have this matte lip color in natural and coral and love them, and will be doing reviews on them sometime in the future. I decided to do the shade "nearly nude" first since there really isn't much swatches out there yet for people to look at. When I ordered I couldn't find any swatches at all so I didn't know what to expect.

ELF's matte lip color can be used as a lip liner and/or a lipstick. It is thin but not too thin, I prefer it over regular lipstick because it's provides even coverage. So nearly nude is a nudey pink with a tiny hint of orange, when swatched on the hand. When on the lips its more nude with a hint of pink without the orange. When I swatched it on my hand, it looked really really similar to the matte lip color in coral. Now coral is a peachy pink and is just beautiful, but I was worried that on the lips it would look the same, but luckily it didn't. When nearly nude is applied to the lips its more pale. I have pigmented lips and it took two layers to get this to show up, but two layers gives it a pretty opaque look. One bad thing about these lip colors is that they show the lines on your lips, so I always make sure that I put a good lip balm on before applying these.

Onto the swatches:

It comes in a matte black long tube with the color of the lipstick at the end(it's actually a weird sharpener, I have never tried it before so I don't know how it works)
This is all of the product that it comes with. It may not seem like a lot but it really is a generous amount for $3!



 I apologize for the swatches, I can't seem to get good pictures to show the true color.

Thanks for reading loves!

2 comments:

  1. It kind of reminds me of Buxom Big and Healthy Lip Stick, except these are $3.00, and Buxom's are $18.00.

    However, no stores carry these, that I've seen and I don't want to order online and pay shipping.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your right, I haven't seen these in stores. I hear rumors of Walmart in the future carrying the whole ELF line though. ELF's website always has deals going on where you can get cheaper shipping. But you have to order enough products to total $15-$25. I'm hoping they will lower their shipping price because it is $6.95 which I think it too high.

      Delete